The marine protected area in Spain has increased notably in recent years, reaching more than 10% of the marine area. The Network of Spanish Marine Areas (RAMPE) aims to improve the coherence and efficiency in the management of this heterogeneous set of protected marine areas, for which its Master Plan will be a fundamental element.
To advance in this direction, the Marilles Foundation together with Europarc has organised a series of seminars in the context of the Interreg - MPA networks project, with the aim of promoting networking among managers of marine protected areas, including both those that are already part of the RAMPE and those that potentially meet the criteria for incorporation.
This second webinar is dedicated to one of the aspects most directly related to the effectiveness of marine protected areas: financial instruments.
- David Álvarez, ECOACASA.
Capital natural y financiación de espacios naturales protegidos
- Nastazia Femmami. BlueSeeds
Mecanismos de autofinanciación para las AMPs del Mediterráneo.
- Iván Ramos, Consejería de Medio Ambiente y Territorio, Gobierno de las Islas Baleares
El Fondo Posidonia
Supporting documentation (documents and websites shared in the chat)
Webinar held in the framework of the project
Marilles in the media
- 10/09/2023 Menorca Info: "Marilles pide mejoras en la Reserva Marina del Norte para que «funcione»"
- 18/07/2023 Onda Cero: "Fundación Marilles le pide al Govern de Prohens que se tome "en serio" el cambio climático"
- 16/06/2023 Última Hora: "Salvar las tortugas marinas en Baleares: una historia con final feliz"
Es Baluard hosts the preview of the documentary series 'Arxipèlag Blau', pr...
The Balearic Sea as never seen before
Miquel Ortega: "Forward-looking fishers are environmentalists by obligation...
Co-author of the study "Who buys fish at the fish market in Mallorca?"