In the first months of 2023, in cooperation with Diario de Mallorca, we are organising a series of debates entitled The Sea under Debate. Our aim is to put on the table key issues for the Balearic Sea: sustainable fishing, the nautical sector, the economic and demographic model, and the commitments towards marine conservation that political parties will adopt for the next elections.
This series is part of the political advocacy process that we are promoting from Marilles, which includes a document outlining proposals to improve and strengthen marine conservation policies. The document will be presented to all parties so that they can include the proposals in their electoral programmes.
Each debate in the series will take place at the headquarters of the Club Diario de Mallorca - Puerto Rico street, Palma - from 6 pm to 8 pm, in the following format: a presentation to contextualise the theme of the session, with data, proposals, and challenges followed by a round table with several representatives of the sector in question to comment on the proposals and challenges raised. Using interactive tools, we will invite the audience to contribute their thoughts. We will end the event with a drink and aperitif.
Mark the dates on your calendar:
- Towards sustainable fishing: Wednesday, 25th January.
- Towards an involved nautical sector: Wednesday, 22nd February.
- Towards a change in the tourism and demographic model: Wednesday, 22nd March.
- Towards political commitment: Thursday, 27th April.
The speakers for each session will be announced at a later date.
Marilles in the media
- 27/01/2023 Diario de Mallorca: "La pesca de Balears puede convertirse en la más sostenible del Mediterráneo con medidas de protección"
- 08/01/2023 Diario de Mallorca: "Un compromiso para la protección del mar Balear"
- 10/11/2022 Onda Cero: "Sandra Espeja nos habla de las propuestas que van a hacer para que los políticos las incluyan en sus programas electorales para 2023."